Garmin Venu 2 Plus review, 7 new smartwatch features you need to know. Garmin launched its newest smartwatch series, the Garmin Venu 2 Plus, at the CES 2022 event. This smartwatch is aimed at users with busy activities. In addition to prioritizing convenience, Garmin smartwatch embeds new features that have never existed in the previous smartwatch series. Includes use for making calls with support for a dedicated microphone and speaker. Here’s a review of 7 New Features Embedded by the Garmin Venu 2 smartwatch that you need to know.
What are the features of a Garmin Venu 2 Plus?
Different from the previous Venu 2 generation, in this latest generation, Garmin adds several excellent features. Whether it’s in terms of daily use, exercise, or monitoring health. Here are some of them that you need to know as quoted from the official Garmin.com page.
1. Make a Call
The Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch is different from previous series and generations. Namely can make phone calls and this is the second advantage. To use this feature, you must connect it to a compatible smartphone.
Once connected you can make calls or receive calls without needing to use headphones. This includes making emergency calls to selected contacts when emergency incidents occur.
2. Speaker and Voice Assistant
The ability of the Garmin Venu 2 Plus to make calls is inseparable from the speaker and microphone features embedded in the smartwatch. Coupled with the Voice Assistant Control feature that was first integrated on a Garmin watch.
Voice Assistant Control is also compatible with Apple Siri, Google Assistant, and Samsung Bixby. You can use the voice assistant on your smartphone to send text messages and control your gadget with other smart home device features.
3. More Robust Design and Battery
The first new features you need to know about are in terms of screen and design. There are three sizes to choose from, namely 40mm, 43mm, and 45mm. The material is made of stainless steel, powder gray case, and 20mm silicone band with the latest industry standards. In the screen sector, it uses the Durable Corning Gorilla Glass 3 feature. Where the screen has an AMOLED touch screen type.
The battery lasts up to 9 days in smartwatch mode. As for the GPS + music mode, it can last up to 8 hours. The Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch is equipped with the Rapid Battery Recharge feature. Whereas with this feature, charging for 10 minutes can extend battery life and power for 1 day in smartwatch mode and 1 hour in GPS + music mode.
4. Garmin Venu 2 Plus Health Monitor
You could say that the Venu 2 Plus series has a fairly complete health monitoring feature. Starting with Health Snapshot, which records heart rate, oxygen saturation level through Pulse Ox. Users can see the energy capacity in the body through the Body Battery Energy Monitoring feature.
It also includes health monitoring features for women such as menstrual cycle monitoring and pregnancy monitoring features that can be connected to the Women’s Health Tracking application. In addition, there are also features for Stress Tracking, sleep quality monitoring, namely the Garmin Sleep Score, and others.
5. Customizable Fitness and Sports Features
In addition to the health monitoring features, the Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch has customizable exercise and fitness monitoring features. Users can see animations when activating sports features such as cardio, strength training, yoga, pilates, and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) activities.
Make your fitness workout better with Garmin Connect app support and Garmin Coach for running. Users can customize as needed up to 1,400 exercises and animation settings for up to 75 more animations when doing these sports. In addition, it can be used to see the intensity of your daily activities.
6. Smart Features on Garmin smartwatch Venu 2 Plus
Not only the features above, the advantages of this smart watch are also the other smart features it has. For example, it features a music player for up to 650 songs, including playing your favorite songs on Spotify, Deezer, and Amazon Music. Then there is also the Garmin Pay Contactless Payment feature.
The Smart Notification feature makes it easier for users to view updates on social media, calendar reminders, receive emails, and reply to messages connected to smartphones. Including synchronization with the Garmin Connect application on smartphones with Android and iOS operating systems.
7. Safety Tracking
In its various smartwatch series, Garmin embeds safety features for users. One of them is Safety Tracking. With this feature, users can get hazard detection alerts automatically. Especially when doing outdoor activities and sports, such as walking, running, or cycling.
When in an emergency position, the feature will send a warning to the user and send a message containing the user’s location to other users who are in emergency contact. With the LiveTrack feature, it is even easier for you to monitor outdoor activities.
Garmin smartwatch Venu vs Venu 2 vs Venu 2s vs Venu 2 Plus – What’s the Difference?
Design: In terms of design, the Garmin Venu, Venu 2, and Venu 2S are exactly the same. The ingredients are also the same, only the sizes are much different. If the Venu is only available in 1 size, then the Venu 2 is available in 2 sizes, namely 45mm and 40mm. This smaller size version is called the Venu 2S. The difference in the size of the case also affects the weight, where the larger the diameter of the case, the greater the weight.
Screen: As a premium Garmin smartwatch product, these three watches are equipped with high-resolution AMOLED screens. However, only the Venu 2 has an always-on mode to display important information such as battery percentage.
Battery: One of the biggest improvements to the Garmin Venu 2 and 2S smartwatches over the previous series is battery life. Especially the Venu 2 which has the highest battery life compared to the other two series.
Full Specifications of the Venu 2 Plus:
The specifications of the Venu 2 Plus watch are as follows:
– Added a 3rd button to the side, which can be customized
– Added speaker and microphone
– Added Voice Assistant: Apple Siri, Google Assistant, Samsung Bixby
– Added ability to play music on the clock speaker (without headphones)
– Added ability to receive calls from the watch (without headphones)
– Added ability to make calls from the watch (without headphones)
– Added new option for Assistance and Incident Detection to call emergency contacts (previously text only)
– Added/changed tone stacks throughout the system to sound prettier (from now on speakers versus just pagers)
– Added several new watch faces specifically for the Venu 2 Plus
– Added the ability to withstand watch face complications and instantly get deeper widget data
– Resized to 43.6mm, middle ground between the Venu 2 (45.4mm) & the smaller 2S (40.4mm)
– Weight slightly increased to 51g (Venu 2 is 49g, 2S is 38.2g)
– Same 1.3” display as the Venu 2
– Same Garmin Gen 4 ELEVATE Optical HR Sensor
– Slightly reduced daily battery life (9 days for the Venu 2 Plus, vs. 11 days for the Venu 2 and 10 days for the Venu 2S)
– slightly increased GPS battery life (24 hours for the Venu 2 Plus, compared to 22 hours for the previous Venu 2)
– Maintained 50m water resistance
– Switch to stainless steel back case
– Added new bezel details, plus all metal surfaces now have PVD (better protection)
The Garmin Venu smartwatch finally has a successor, the Garmin Venu 2 Plus. At first glance all four look very similar, and the Garmin Venu 2 Plus has the features taken on a deeper look; there are some specific differences that might make you confused which one to choose. That’s the difference Garmin watch version of the Venu.
After looking at the reviews above, the latest Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch has various advantages. Especially for users with high mobility. For example, the presence of a mode feature to answer phone calls from a smartwatch directly; of course this is a new breakthrough for Garmin smartwatches to provide convenience to its loyal users. Including various sports features and the best health monitoring, making it suitable as a mainstay wearable gadget when exercising.
Garmin smartwatches are responding to market demand for the addition of a voice detection feature to the new Venu line of smartwatches. For users with active lifestyles, multi-tasking activities become very important. Now Garmin smartwatch users can answer calls or send messages without having to reach into their pockets or bags.
You can get the Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch on Amazon for the best price. For more information about these products and promotions, you can click here.
I hope you found this article useful. If you want to read more about Garmin, here is a selection of articles you might like:
- To see all the articles about Garmin, visit my Travel Gear page.
- Looking for more Garmin you can find more on My Search page.
- If you are interested in my review, check out: Garmin Smartwatch Comparison Forerunner 55 and 945 LTE Review.
- Visit the Garmin Store for more information.
- Take a look at this packing list, Travel Essentials, that you can finally rely on. Recommend to pack for any vacation, the best way to pack a backpack is to save space.
- If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and Dailymotion Channel for Inspiring travel videos from around the world.