Sony ZV-1 review with pros and cons. Sony ZV-1 The best compact camera for Content Creators, Travel vlogging and video sharing that has occurred lately, Sony Electronics to launch its newest digital pocket camera, this camera uses a variety of the latest technologies and advanced features that can make it easier for users, making it suitable for casual video shooting. by ordinary users though.
What is the best compact camera for travel?
Sony introduced the ZV-1 digital pocket camera that relies on a number of features for videography enthusiasts. The Sony ZV-1 is a compact camera for casual video recording, which is usually taken naturally without going through any editing processes. Here’s the review:
1.0-type Exmor RS® CMOS image sensor bokeh back effect
With a 1.0-type Exmor RS® CMOS image sensor stacked with DRAM chips and a large-aperture 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T lens, the ZV-1 Camera is able to create a bokeh background effect and focus on subjects to make them look clearer than the background.
High resolution and low noise
This camera is also capable of fast auto-focus switching and locking thanks to Sony’s autofocus system. The latest generation BIONZ X ™ image processor with front-end LSI is capable of delivering high resolution images and low noise.
When the screen is opened, it appears that the Sony ZV-1 uses a different mechanism. If the Sony RX100 screen can only be rotated upwards, the Sony ZV-1 is much more flexible. The Z-V1 adopts an articulating screen, meaning that the screen can be rotated in all directions, not just up and down.
For videography this is very helpful because the LCD screen is not covered by accessories that are installed in the hot shoe. In addition, if not used, we can use it to protect the screen. If the screen is closed, and we turn it, the camera will automatically turn on without having to press the ON button.
Accessories shooting grip
This camera also has a shooting grip accessory which is quite helpful. When we connect it to the camera, we can use this grip as a remote control, can take photos, record videos and also zoom. You can hold this shooting grip or turn it into a mini tripod so that the footage taken is more stable.
The Sony ZV-1 is no longer equipped with a pop-up electronic viewfinder, a feature that is more common for photographers. This area is replaced by a multi-interface shoe that can be paired with an external mic or other accessory. While the three built-in microphones are enhanced with wind sound protection.
Apart from not having an EvF, other removed features are a built-in flash, a ring to adjust the focus around the lens, and a body material that no longer uses magnesium. Sony ZV-1 still uses a micro USB port for charging.
4K resolution 24/30fps support EIS and OIS
This camera is capable of recording video up to 4K 24 / 30fps resolution, as well as an option to record slow motion videos up to 960fps. There is also a shooting interval option for time-lapse videos. To make videos look stable, the Sony ZV-1 is equipped with both digital (EIS) and optical (OIS) stabilization.
The ‘Background Defocus’ feature, where users only need to press one button to maximize bokeh in the video background. Sony itself released this camera for vlogging after seeing the trends that were developing in society.
Color profile HLG, S-Log3, dan S-Gamut3.Cine
For those of you who are vlogging and traveler for professional needs and want the freedom to edit, this camera also supports the color profiles of HLG, S-Log3, and S-Gamut3.Cine.
- Small battery, for shooting photos and videos all day, at least four batteries and a power bank.
- This camera does not have an optical viewfinder, which is sometimes useful when shooting in very bright conditions or when you want more steady handling.
- Like other Sony cameras, the touch screen is only for the focus area, unable to change the menu settings.
- This camera also has a relatively small sensor (1 inch) and cannot change lenses like the Sony A6xxx or A7 series cameras, so those who are considering shooting more professional videos and photos can look more at the mirrorless camera series.
- In the standard Auto OFF Temp setting, the camera will automatically stop recording after recording 5 minutes to maintain the camera’s internal temperature, but if we set it to OFF, the camera can record even longer, around 20-30 minutes for 4K or Full HD.
- After recording continuously, the camera will feel a little hot after 10 minutes, but it doesn’t really matter, you can still record videos up to 35-45 minutes indoors with a temperature of 23C. Outdoors in hot sunshine conditions, it may be shorter because it is hotter.
- For those who like to walk around while talking, it seems like they have to use a gimbal because this camera does not have built-in stabilization in the camera body, and the software to stabilize vibrations is not very good and also makes the viewing angle narrower because of the crop.
- Actually, this stabilizer is done in software, for those who want a wider perspective, you can turn off the stabilizer (Sony term = steadyshot). After that the video can be edited with Sony software because the camera has recorded the vibrations through the gyroscope, or if it doesn’t vibrate so much, the video can be left without editing.
Connection to a smartphone
Connection to a smartphone is important, of course the Sony Z-V1 has wifi which can send photos and videos to a smartphone for sharing on the cell phone.
For video there is a little problem, the XAVCS video format if you send it to a smartphone, maybe the image is not smooth and there is no audio, then the solution is to activate proxy recording in the menu, meaning that when recording video the camera will create a small file, with lower quality, namely (HD (720p) at 9 Mbps only.
Therefore, the best practice is still to transfer video files to a computer first for the best video results that will be watched in the long run, for example for YouTube.
Sony ZV-1 Comes In White
Sony launched its latest digital point and shoot camera ZV-1 in May. At launch the Digital ZV-1 comes in Black. Five months later, Sony completed the ZV-1 with another color variant, namely white.
Because the white color is more harmonious and more attractive to the eye, especially with the addition of a windscreen that uses matching colors. By bringing new colors to its products, Sony has a camera with neutral colors that is suitable for daily needs.
This is also to complement the black color of this product series, which allows users to choose whether to use the black or white color series, allowing users to enjoy casual video recording with body colors that match their personalities and preferences.
Sony ZV-1 review FAQ
Is Sony ZV-1 a good camera ?
Its compact size and light weight, large aperture lens, fast autofocus performance and good photo and video quality. This Sony Z-V1 camera is popular among content creators and travelers and you can understand why: It’s compact in size, the resulting photo-video quality is good and sharp thanks to the 1-inch type sensor. The autofocus is super fast and it’s getting smarter and faster.
Indeed, the Z-V1 camera is not perfect, for example, there is no touch screen, the number of buttons and menus which are pages of complicated terms, of course, can make beginners a little confused in operating it. But Sony has been trying to point in the right direction.
Even in times of pandemic, creativity and productivity must be maintained and improved, one of which is by using video. In the last five years, online video has shown rapid development and become a new trend.
For the introductory price of the Sony ZV-1, it will be priced Buy Now, after seeing the features, specifications and price of the Sony ZV-1, are you interested in buying this sophisticated camera?