Last Updated on December 2, 2023
New images released prickly shape as a crown coronavirus under the microscope successfully made many people panic and afraid, it turned out like this image of the coronavirus or Covid-19 when enlarged through a microscope. Scientists of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) then revealed the form of the coronavirus with the sight of high-tech microscope instruments. The fact is, a virus originating from Wuhan, China, it cannot be seen with an ordinary microscope. The coronavirus forms and images must go through a high-tech and high-light microscope, the electronic microscope.
The World Health Organization (WHO) announced that COVID-19 became the official name of the disease caused by the latest viruscorona that first became the epidemic in Wuhan, China. COVID-19 is an abbreviation of coronavirus Disease 2019.
Images of the new coronavirus
There is one unique characteristic in the form of the coronavirus. The uniqueness lies in the spikes that surround the outer surface. The nails resemble a crown. Therefore, experts call it corona, which in Latin means crown. From this word the name corona virus originated.
The image using a scanning electron microscope shows the coronavirus (yellow in color) between human cells (which are depicted in blue, pink and purple). Other NIH scientists, Michael Letko and Vincent Munster, refer to the virus as a relative of the SARS virus. Similar to SARS made the World Health Organization (WHO) not only name the SARS-CoV-2 virus (and the disease that causes COVID-19), but to make conventions naming that connects the two viruses together.
Its very small form makes this virus unable to survive and multiply on its own. These viruses look for a place (host) to live. They ride on the enzymes of other living things to get energy that can be used to replicate. Electron microscope images show this small invader appeared and move between cells. Identifying the shape and structure of the virus will not stop it, but it gives scientists clues to eradicating the virus.
Following are the published photographs of SARS-CoV-2 Microscope from NIAID IRF :
Electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (round gold). ©National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Transmission electron micrograph of SARS-CoV-2 virus particles, isolated from a patient ©National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Transmission electron micrograph of SARS-CoV-2 virus particles, isolated from a patient. Image captured and color-enhanced at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Maryland. Credit: NIAID
This scanning electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (round magenta objects) emerging from the surface of cells cultured in the lab. SARS-CoV-2, also known as 2019-nCoV, is the virus that causes COVID-19. The virus shown was isolated from a patient in the U.S. Credit: NIAID-RML
3D print of a SARS-CoV-2—also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19—virus particle. The virus surface (blue) is covered with spike proteins (red) that enable the virus to enter and infect human cells. The spikes on the surface of coronaviruses give this virus family its name – corona, which is Latin for “crown,” and most any coronavirus will have a crown-like appearance. For more information, visit the NIH 3D Print Exchange Credit: NIH
Coronavirus from SARS isolated in FRhK-4 cells. Thin section electron micrograph and negative stained virus particles Credit WHO.
I hope you found this article useful. If you want to read more, here is a selection of articles you might like:
- To see all the articles about travel destinations and tourism topic categories, visit my Travel Destinations page.
- Looking for travel news, tips, and guides you can find more on Travel News.
- If you are interested in my review, check out: Face Shield Glasses Designed for Style and Safety – Ceestyle.
- Overview of deadliest virus infectious diseases attack the respiratory system caused the most deaths worldwide.
- Amusement parks the entertainment giant has opened at limited capacities, countries that reopen theme parks amid coronavirus.
- Coronavirus in Bali Indonesia All you need to know The following are the procedures and requirements that must be met by tourists when visiting Bali.
- The Italian tourism industry is getting ready to recover from the economic impact during the COVID19 pandemic.
- Take a look at this packing list, Travel Essentials, that you can finally rely on. Recommend to pack for any vacation, the best way to pack a backpack is to save space.
- If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and Dailymotion Channel for Inspiring travel videos from around the world.